Every year, you intend to make it a PRIORITY that you will get your estate plan done so you can cross it off your TO-DO list, but you procrastinate and it never gets done. That’s where our firm can help. Answer a few simple questions on a client intake form and the process will be quick and easy. Make the contact and we can get started and this worrisome task completed and give you piece of mind.
· How do you want to be remembered?
· Have you written a Will or named a guardian for your children?
· How will your assets pass to your family?
· Do you have powers of attorney covering both health and financial issues?
· Should you make gifts during your lifetime? Do you want to give anything to charity?
· Have you considered how you will transfer your business ownership and to whom?
· Do you anticipate any significant changes in your total income in the future (special bonus/inheritance)?
· Do you feel your current planning will allow you to achieve your goals?
Having an estate plan ensures that the assets you have spent a lifetime accumulating go where you want them to go when you die. It also ensures that a smooth transition for the loved ones you leave behind by providing a map to avoid the legal and financial hurdles if there is no plan. Finally it avoids confusion among your heirs when your instructions are detailed in one place.
· A Durable Financial Power of Attorney
· A Durable Healthcare Power of Attorney
· Advanced Directive or Living Will
· A Trust
· Business Succession Planning (if you own a business)
· A plan to offset future estate taxes